Monday, January 3, 2011

Ringing in 2011

I have attempted this whole blogging thing a few times now, and was able to keep up with my last blog until we hit a little rough patch in our life and no longer had internet access. For some reason I am no longer able to sign into my previous blog therefore I am starting a new one, but I figured it's a new year, maybe this can be a new start to keeping up on my blogging and getting things off my chest and maybe a little organized. Sometimes it's rough being home all day with a little one that has a very limited vocabulary, at least that we can understand. I've resorted to talking to the walls at times just to keep myself sane, but I am thinking this may be a better way to express myself and to stay sane because I do not think talking to the walls is very normal.

Now I do not have an extravagant life with a thousand and one interesting things to discuss with anyone, but I do have to say that my daughter sure does keep life moving at a fast pace. There really is never a very dull moment in this household, except nap and bed time...and even then there is no guarantee. I just figured I could tell my story of my life through my eyes, everyone has a gift and that's the gift of life, why not share it with others...you never know what you could learn from someone else's experiences.

Now before I get too detailed with my posts I need to forewarn you that I am not in any way the best speller and grammar was NEVER a strong point of mine in school. So please do not criticize or be quick to judge due to grammatical error or mis-spelled words. The story is still the same.

>>> A little about myself before I get started <<<

I am a 21 year old Mother of one and live in Kalamazoo, MI. I live with my boyfriend of three and a half years and our daughter is a year and a half. We do not have a lot but we are making it by for the time being. Life is not about the material things you have to show or how much money you have under your mattress or in your bank account, but it is about the faith you have in God and the love you share with family and friends. And these things no one can take away from you, no one can rob you of the things that make life so great. Yes we struggle paying our bills monthly and we live from pay-check to pay-check like a lot of families do, but life is still amazing! If you take a step back and remove all of the material things in life, remove all the stresses created by man and just look at the core of what life is and what God has given you...we all really are blessed. Well enough with the little introduction, we shall move on and I will fill in bits and pieces as needed through out my following posts.

>>> Ringing in 2011 <<<

We didn't do anything outrageous for New Years Eve, we simply stayed home and spent a nice quiet family evening in as we awaited the New Year. Cierra was very tired so she took a nap before the ball dropped, so Dave and I had a few drinks and played a card game and just relaxed and enjoyed the time spent together. About a half hour before the ball dropped we woke Cierra up for the celebration and we quickly went to bed fifteen minutes into the New Year.

New Years Day was pretty slow, we didn't do much until later that afternoon. We got together with Dave's Mom and brothers to celebrate Christmas, it was the first time she was able to get everyone together with the Holidays being so busy and all. We had a good time opening gifts and eating dinner...Cierra got a Barbie Jeep, some new clothes, a singing coloring pad (in which she was nice enough to color us a picture when we got home), and a talking pot for her kitchen set she received Christmas day from my Grandparents.

Cierra's new set of wheels.

Coloring a beautiful picture for the fridge.

I went to the Doctors this morning for a walk-in appt due to the migraine I have had for three, going on four days now. They gave me something I am supposed to take every four hours as needed, but it isn't really helping. The pain has dulled down a bit, but still isn't gone. Also it makes me drowsy, which is no acceptable with a little one demanding all my attention ever second she is awake lol. Therefore I have an appt with my PCP tomorrow morning and hopefully he can take care of whatever is going on and tomorrow can be a great day!

I think I've covered all of 2011 thus far and I'm sure there will be more to come =]
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment